- find a job
- research a career
- learn how to start or expand a business
- find tips and resources for entrepreneurship and startups
- take free online training courses
- conduct business research
As a patron, you can check out hundreds of print resources, including new and classic books and periodicals related to job seeking, careers, business, entrepreneurship, and startups.
We stock the following newspapers: The Boston Globe, The Coastal Journal, The Topsham Cryer, Maine Sunday Telegram, Portland Press Herald and The Times Record.
Need help conducting complex searches or research? Make an appointment with our Adult Librarian, Emma Gibbon, for a primer on conducting business research and finding free, online resources. Contact her via email, or give her a call at 207-725-1727.
- Looking for a job? Try Glassdoor for career information and job listings.
A Topsham Public Library card will give you access to MARVEL! Maine’s Virtual Library, a service of Maine InfoNet, which gives you free access to thousands of subscription-based and full-text magazines, newspapers, and reference books. Feel free to contact us if you need help accessing the following business-related resources:
- Business Insights: Essentials: Features key information on companies, such as SWOT reports, market share reports, metrics, and financial reports.
- Business Source Complete: Indexes and abstracts of more than 4,800 scholarly, trade, popular, and
special interest serials in the fields of business and industry. Updated daily.
- Regional Business News: Collects news information from all over the world. Several hundred articles are
added to Regional Business News database each day.
- Value Line Investment Survey for Public Libraries: provides independent investment information, analyzing over 1,700 stocks.
- Maine InfoNet Download Library: You can download eBooks and audio books to read on your tablet, eReader or mobile device. It even has a dedicated business and careers section.
- Online Full-Text Magazines: Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg Business Week, Fast Company, Forbes, Fortune, The Kiplinger Letter, etc.
Other Online Resources
- Mango Languages: Would learning a new language benefit your business? Try this online language learning system.
- Maine State Library Resources: The Maine State Library has a plethora of resources for Maine residents, including:
- Digital Learning Center: features Learning Express (hundreds of tutorials and courses) and resources on digital literacy, careers, health, business, law and government. The Business section includes the Business Answers Program, which provides free information about doing business in Maine.
- MSL Online Library Card Registration: Apply for an online library card (for free!) and gain access to great resources such as ReferenceUSA, the leading provider in business and consumer research.
- BusinessUSA.gov: Find all the government programs and advisors to help you expand, export, or open a business in Maine or in the United States.
- StatsAmerica.org: Find up-to-date statistics, demographic reports, and city/town profiles.