The excitement is building!! We do ask you to remember that all this is not only new to you, but new to us as well. We all need to try and be flexible as we try to restore a level of service that we have not experienced before. Below is information and instructions in regards to curbside pickup:
- Topsham Public Library will be open for parking lot pickup beginning Tuesday, June 2 and will run until further notice.
- The pickup hours will be Tuesdays and Thursdays 12noon-6pm and Saturdays 10am-2pm. We will be closed to the public on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- It is parking lot pickup. The building will remain closed to the public.
- When you arrive, please park in the large parking lot and wait in your car. A staff member will bring your items out to you. Please, do not get out of your car. Loitering and congregating is strongly discouraged. No parking allowed in the fire lane.
- There will be a limit of 5 items per card per visit. Inter Library Loan (ILL) is not operating at this time, and only our items are available. We want to make try and make sure there are items for everyone.
- Items may only be returned on Saturdays and Sundays in the drop boxes. Returns will not be accepted at any other time, even if you are picking up items during curbside pickup we will not be able to take your returns at that time.
- The Reciprocal Borrowing Program has been suspended until further notice.
How do you request items, you ask? Well, there are a few ways available to you:
- The best way is to request items through minerva.maine.edu. The only items that you are able to request, at this time, are items that Topsham Public Library owns. ILLs are not available at this time. If you request an item that we do not have in our collection your request will not be successful.
- If you do not have a specific item in mind, you may also fill out the online form found here. Fill out the questionnaire and staff will match your likes with some items that should match those likes.
- Call us at 725-1727 Mondays through Fridays 9am-6pm and Saturdays 10am-2pm. We will take your requests over the phone during those hours, but the curbside pickup hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays 12noon-6pm and Saturdays 10am-2pm. We will let you know when your items will be ready for pickup.
We look forward to providing service to you again! Please remember to be flexible as things will change as we look to improve our service.