Libraries aren’t just about reading anymore, and that is certainly true here at the Topsham Public Library. Naturally, we are still big on books, but we also offer children’s programming, teen programming, adult programming, a job information center, and computer access for the public just to name a few of our services. Do you know, we also have a community bulletin board? This is another active way of keeping our community connected.
This community bulletin board is located on the wall beside the DVD collection, and you will want to check it out. It is full of useful information on upcoming events and opportunities for everyone.
Here is just a sampling of what is posted:
- 2015 Scholarship opportunities with Maine Education Services (MES) is a list of educational scholarships for high school students AND adults. You can check out their website: www.mesfoundation.org
- Bay Clay, Bay Brick, Bay Potter is a series of events centering on contemporary ceramic art. For more information and a list of events scroll down their website at www.merrymeetingartscenter.org.
- Wolfe’s Neck Woods State Park is hosting a variety of nature programs. In the Maine summer you want to be outside. Find events at www.maine.gov/wolfesneckwoods
- Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program (mchpp.org) is offering free meals this summer to children ages 2-18, no questions asked, at Mt. Ararat Middle School, Faith United Methodist Church, and Harpswell Community School. (They are also in need of volunteers.)
- Wednesday evenings on the Town Mall in Brunswick there is a concert series running from June 24 to August 26. Check out the schedule of performers here: www.brunswickdowntown.org
This is a small selection of the information posted on our bulletin board to help keep you in the loop, so check out the board when you visit the Topsham Public Library.