One of my favorite holidays is Thanksgiving. I haven’t always appreciated the idea of thankfulness, but I have learned a few things along the way and have tried to develop an attitude of gratitude.
The Topsham Public Library is thankful, too, and here is a list of some of the many things we are thankful for:
- The Community. Topsham is a great place to live, and the support from the community has grown, and we do not take that for granted. Thank you!
- The Volunteers. Every week dozens of individuals take time out of their day and assist us in our daily tasks. Thank you!
- Friends of the Topsham Public Library. This organization, comprised of volunteers, supports our library, and without them our programming would suffer. Thank you!
- The Garden is another project not possible without our volunteers. It is delightful working at a place where I can go outside for my breaks and stroll through a peaceful garden. Thank you!
- The Crooker Gallery. Not only do I have a garden to stroll through on my breaks, but I have an art gallery to wander around as well. Thank you!
- The Telescope. Through Mariah’s vision and the generosity of a grant, the Topsham Public Library has a telescope that can be borrowed by our patrons. Thank you!
- The Book Groups. From elementary school aged children to adults, we have book groups for everyone. Thank you!
- The Computers. Prior to working here, I was not aware of the need to have computer access available to the public. I have since learned of the need and am glad we can offer internet access to the public. Thank you!
- Your Donations. It is through your generosity and donating your books, music, and movies that we can host the Friends’ Annual Book Sale. Thank you!
- The Business Roundtable and our Business Sponsors – We have a great network of local businesses that care about the town they operate in. Thank you!
The list could go on. Who have I missed? Who are you thankful for?
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and let someone know you are thankful for them!